The SRI-ESG-Impact Investment Associate is responsible for supporting Aperio’s growing values-aligned business and clients. This will include supporting SRI-ESG research efforts as well as developing and maintaining internal and external reporting and communications materials. Ideal candidates must be intellectually curious, interested in SRI-ESG investors and investing, and be a thoughtful, clear, and engaging communicator. The right person will be excited to work with the team to help our investors, including endowments and foundations, align their mission and values with the investment portfolios. Aperio is proud of the innovative solutions it has brought to values- and mission-driven asset owners and is committed to continuing to learn from its clients and creatively evolving its tools to be responsive to their needs. To succeed, the right candidate will have excellent time management skills, a high degree of attention to detail, and strong organizational skills and will be comfortable with a fast-changing set of responsibilities. The position reports to the SRI-ESG Director.
Applicants who do not submit information as requested will not be considered. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.
Interested candidates must provide a cover letter, résumé, and salary expectations. To submit your application, please visit:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support SRI-ESG efforts including analysis, communications, and data projects.
- Assist in creating and proofing social profiles, memos, and client reports. SRI-ESG-Impact is a dynamic and quickly evolving area. The associate will contribute to the evolution of better templates for profiles and reports and assist in developing systems to deliver bespoke solutions efficiently.
Under the direction of ESG Research Director, maintain up-to-date information on available data and other key industry information. The associate will be responsible for using third-party ESG data sets. Experience with these platforms and vendors is not a requirement, but you will need to quickly learn and master them.
Collaborate with the SRI-ESG team and others to develop and support active shareholder programs including SRI proxy voting and shareholder engagement programs.
- As project manager, oversee the creation of internal and external SRI-ESG materials and periodic reviews to ensure an up-to-date, consistent, and dynamic content set.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team to create materials and packages of materials that facilitate work with prospects and clients.
- Work closely with Portfolio Management and Client Service teams on SRI-ESG initiatives.
- Gather, organize, and maintain information, materials, and data for the team.
- Manage team meetings and project plans.
- The associate will be based in Sausalito and will be the on-the-ground point person for the team because both the SRI-ESG Director and Research Director reside in other cities. Being comfortable working with colleagues in remote locations is critical.
- BA/BS required; liberal arts degrees highly valued
3+ years of work experience
- High degree of attention to detail
Organizational skills to manage and develop projects and processes
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate across teams and functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; clear, concise, and interesting writer and content communicator
- Strong quantitative and data management and data manipulation skills
- Good listener
- Comfortable with and excited about working in a more entrepreneurial area, and being part of a team that is shaping it as we learn
- Aware of and curious to learn about local and global issues that concern mission-oriented investors
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with pivot tables and vlookups a plus
- Experience in and/or with the wealth management industry and/or investors a plus
- Self-starter, curious, and scrappy; a sense of humor is also highly appreciated